Its coming! Pie season. A delicious time of the year. Get ready for the Annual Apple Pie contest at the Downtown Marquette Farmers Market, to be held Saturday, October 15.
Here is how it will work.
Those interested in participating will prepare their pie entry at home and bring it to the Marquette Commons building, already baked, between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Once your pie is registered you will leave the building. Judging will begin at 10:45 a.m. When the judges have made their decisions, the contestants may return to the Commons room to find out who won and to taste pies, yum!
- Amateur bakers only
- Bring pie ready for judging. (No baking available at the Commons)
- Submitted pie is to be the sole work of the entrant, pie must be from scratch (crust and filling)
- All Pies must contain apples and have a crust (It is a pie contest, please only enter a pie)
- All parts of the submitted entry must be edible.
- Along with your pie, bring a copy of the recipe and a serving utensil.
- Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place.
- The Downtown Marquette Farmers Market is not responsible for any items left behind at the end of the event.