There is time to practice this week to be ready for the 5th Annual blueberry Pie Contest held in the Marquette Commons Building during the Downtown Marquette Farmers Market Sat. July 26.
Here are the rules:
1) Amateur bakers only.
2) The first 20 entries will be accepted for judging. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
3) Contestants submit one pie with recipe from 10:00 a.m.-10:20 a.m. and are willing to allow remainder of pie, after judging, to be shared with other contestants, prize contributors and others.
4) No baking on premises, pie is submitted in ready to judge form.
5) All contestants must use blueberries in their pie.
6) Each entry must be the sole work of the entrant. Pie must be completely from scratch.
7) All pies and decorations, if used, must be edible.
8) The Downtown Marquette Farmers Market is not responsible for any items left behind at the end of the event.
For more information contact the Market Manager, Myra Zyburt, at 906-362-3276 or email@example.com